Sinister: Rock City Clashers

PJMiller pjmiller at xxx.es
Wed Jun 17 15:41:58 BST 1998

I  just wrote a big long reply to Duke's message, but then I deleted it on
the grounds of mental cruelty to anyone foolish enough to read it. Suffice
to say I agree with Debbie and Duke, except for the bit about Banesto, who I
can't fucking stand the sight of. Having said that, one of my greatest
thrills was to be in the presence of Miguel Indurain, the greatest athlete
ever to walk the earth. I must have put some kind of evil hoodoo on him by
accident because he retired about a month later. "In the presence of" means
he whizzed past me on his bike.

The Rolling Stones (sans Mick) are in town, so I've just been to hang out
around the hotel, hoping for some typical madcap balcony antics from Keith,
but it wasn't to be. In fact the whole scene was decidedly un-rock'n'roll.
Hopefully things'll pick up next week when Black Sabbath roll into town
(crushing everything in their path) for their OZFEST warm up. I might even
invest in a ticket, see if that bloke's still dancing around in his pyjamas.

Brad, you're right, Mister Wilson is a bugger up the back. Thank goodness
for Eugene Landy's magical aura. Have you got to the Lenny Waronker bit yet?

Genevieve, Rick Wakeman was the keyboard player in Yes. He went on to make
some great solo albums and provide the soundtrack to the film of the 1976
(?) winter olympics, which I believe were held in Canada. Which is where you
live. So without you knowing it your life is pervaded by Rick Wakeman tunes
24 hours a day. I could be wrong, but I doubt it. Not where Rick's
concerned. You will recall that he was immortalised in one of  Doctor
Trousers' sadly missed Monday Poems.

Peter

.            Somos todos conejitos felices que tararean
.           consonancias felices del conejito - no somos?