Sinister: Re: sinister-digest V2 #210

Suzanne Schroeder suzsch at xxx.net
Tue Jun 16 22:52:38 BST 1998

> Date: Tue, 16 Jun 1998 05:02:55 -0700 (PDT)
> From: Nick Dastoor <nickdastoor at xxx.com>
> Subject: Sinister: Here there be kravitzmonsters
>
> Adam Robinson (adamrobinson at intelfax.co.uk) wrote:
>
> >God, I find the Kravitz-monster irksome. He's an eyesore, makes some of
> >the most horrible music ever perpetrated and has been "intimate" with
> >several women I find terribly attractive - Kylie, Lisa Bonet and now
> >the divine Miss Imbruglia. If he ever gets off with Lynda Bellingham
> >I'll be well pissed off.

The divine Alanis Morrissette knockoff?

At least they did a better job disguising her than Meredith Brooks.  It had
me fooled a while until my friend pointed it out.

> You know the funniest thing about him?  One of the other high-profile
> "lenny-conquests" was of course Vanessa Paradis.  On her album of a
> few years back, there's a touching tribute to him that goes something
> like "Ooh Lenny Lenny he's so fine / Yeah he's the best I've ever had"
> ad nauseam.  Funny enough in itself, but slide-splitting when you
> check the liner notes to find it was co-written by.....Lenny Kravitz.
> What a man!

Even funnier if she meant it.

I wouldn't consider myself lucky to be a Lenny conquest.  Look what happens
to your career afterwards!

Speaking of football, let's talk American football a bit.  I was amused to
find that the local Fox affiliate was covering the World bowl championship
between Rhein Fire and Frankfurt.  I thought "naw, this is too weird.
americans aren't interested in what's going on in the world, so why are we
covering this?" And chalked it up to it merely being a cure for football
withdrawal for desperate fans until I noticed that the roster had many
American players and was sponsored by the NFL.

Let me say that I wouldn't be paying a bit of attention to any sport except
that it's part of my job at work.

What;s the matter?  Do  the Europeans not care enough to sponsor their own
league, do the Americans have to own everything, or is it like eurodisney?
I noticed that the stands were full, but I wonder if it was mostly
tourists, or people who couldn't get to a soccer match.  In my stay in
Europe, never did I get the impression that American football was big.

.            Somos todos conejitos felices que tararean
.           consonancias felices del conejito - no somos?