Sinister: Hey Kid - Wanna label?

Tara Widmer TWidmer at xxx.com
Wed Jun 17 18:15:37 BST 1998

<< I don't know if you've heard about this, but there is such a negative
response to poor Mexicans attempting to cross the border that a lot of
Americans have a stereotypical view of Mexicans>>

this opening a can of worms isn't it... Your post had a lot of good
points, but there is *so* much more to this than just bigoted and
ignorant Americans...anyway a music mailing list is hardly the place to
go into immigration issues, not to mention the way e-mail leaves
everything said open to misinterpretation!!

<<So they label everything under the sun in a pathetic attempt
to be distinctive.>>

Yeah I think it's this and the tendency in our society to have
everything simplified and categorized for easy consumption... the media
seems to think if it can't be compacted into something easily marketable
then we Yanks will get too confused to handle it.

<< Also any ideas on how to make our party American in theme are
welcome.>>
in keeping with the "stereotyping" theme I've got a suggestion:
Spinger-a-thon!!!
Have a barbeque, bake some apple pie, get some sparkly fireworks
(firearms too, natch), and Budweiser.  Put the pickup on blocks in the
front yard.

<<Being the type of sad bloke who spends excessive time on the internet,
invariably end up "talking " to some American goon who tells me "Hey
man,
Belle and Sebastian kick ass". >>

Ian, I thought we were friends? ;-)

Also a couple people mentioned My Drug Hell, I don't know much about
them, but while vacationing in London earlier this year met the singer
Tim in a club.
He was a very, very friendly guy and based on Vicky's recommendation I
think I'll just go out and buy that "girl at Bus Stop" song.

Well that's my story and I'm sticking to it!!
tara

.            Somos todos conejitos felices que tararean
.           consonancias felices del conejito - no somos?