Sinister: glug

Honey honey at xxx.net
Wed Jun 17 19:06:21 BST 1998

That's the sound of me disappearing under a pile of Sinister mail.
Listen, I'm going to ask something that got me in trouble when I last
dared.  A few people are saying to me that the list is exploding with
quantity and not quality - in the past I've given little honey-hints
and it's time to throw one in now - please could you have a little
think about what you're posting *just* before you do, and not follow
a thread wildly if it's WAY off topic.  We're a community and of
course we don't want to talk just about all the B&S releases that
keep coming out every week, but still - you know - there's a balance.
It's a hard one to strike but take a look at the WWW page for some
ideas on where that lies from me and others.

This is a very special mailing list, thanks to you lot, and I'd like
to keep it that way, both by encouraging the content to stay high,
and by saving my poor mail server from exploding under the weight.
Everything seems wildly interesting to the person posting (except
this mail :) but please remember there's 500 of us out there
listening.

Oh and simmer down on the nationalism a little - one thing I won't
have on Sinister is personal slaggings.  Strong debate is fine,
talking about nationalism is fine to a point, except when it becomes
a minority fight between a few people, but I won't tolerate a
personal fight on the list - it's just boring to the rest of us.

Hey and I found a few world cup mailing lists out there - anyone want
the URLs? :)

Finally, some people keep sending mail to me rather than the list and
I have to bounce it on to the list when I'm feeling generous (at the
moment my email delay time is about ooo 4 days at least except if
mails contain the word "thighs" in the subject line).  Please
remember - a direct reply to the list of digest will NOT go back to
the list - you have to retype "sinister at majordomo.net".  Mails to
"owner-sinister" etc. come to me only.

honey xxx

--
cat sinister | egrep -vi 'football|soccer|footie|world cup'

.            Somos todos conejitos felices que tararean
.           consonancias felices del conejito - no somos?