Sinister: More Music Less Footie (but some footie)

Kevan Cooke kcooke at xxx.uk
Thu Jun 18 11:18:00 BST 1998

Saw the Go Betweens at the end of the eighties and they were magnificent.
Tallulah is the best album they made (just my personal opinion), whereas
16 Lovers Lane is the most shiny jangly pop one.

The nearest Tindersticks come to B&S is probably the song Patchwork on
their first album, but most people seem to prefer the second album.

If you're looking to buy a record I saw a Monochrome Set compilation CD
called "Tommorow will be too long" at just œ6.99 in Tower Records recently.
It's actually all of the tracks from their first two albums lumped together.

May I offer my sincerest apologies to Debbie for suggesting that she came
from Preston, as if she didn't have enough to contend with yesterday.

Apologies also to Sarah for misdirecting my reminiscences (Wycombe are
also in division two and thus will be playing against not only Preston
but also "the Belle and Sebastian of football" next season).

I've never heard Wycombe called a nice rural town before, the nicest
description I can think of is "the place where they make Fuzzy Felt".

Unfortunately I now live in "the place where they make Prozac".

Kevan

.            Somos todos conejitos felices que tararean
.           consonancias felices del conejito - no somos?