Sinister: when is a single not a single?

Hopkins, Tim t.hopkins at xxx.uk
Fri Jun 19 15:17:17 BST 1998

The Duke, in one of his more impetuous moments, wrote...

> oh goodness, i can remember when they said that the max was five and that
> anything more than five was an album. i think back then the groove farm
> complained. personally i'll only be happy when they limit it to ONE song.
> now THAT'S POP!

Off the top of my head (sorry for any glaring omissions):

It Happens (Primal Scream)
Mike The Bike (The Claim)
Rachel (Emily)
The Fall (McCarthy)
Lipstick (The Buzzcocks)
My Number Nine (Coax)
Rachel Clean (Hellfire Sermons)
Celtic (Hurrah!)

Not one but two blasts of perfection, each one meaning everything for...ooh,
minutes. Now _that_ is P!O!P!. Wouldn't you say?

Cheerio

Tim

.            Somos todos conejitos felices que tararean
.           consonancias felices del conejito - no somos?