Sinister: Talking through their b-sides

Katrina at xxx.uk> Katrina at xxx.uk>
Fri Jun 19 15:40:11 BST 1998

The ruling of cutting from 4 to 3 songs and the 20 minute limit on chart
qualifying singles comes into place on all releases after 6th July,
which is why Embrace & Mansun have just got mightly p***ed off ...

... and why shouldn't they?  as a record company who prides itself on
releasing 4 track EP's rather than singles, we're having dilemma's in
trying to figure out what stance we will take if our bands insist on
putting 4 tracks on a "single" and making it ineligible for the chart.
do we risk it and do hidden tracks again, or is the uk singles chart
really worth forfeiting songs and bowing down to.

(i for one think it's a pile of shite)

what do you lot think of £1.99 cd singles and 99p 7"'s?  it'd be nice to
know what the punters are prepared to pay?

cheers,
Katrina.

          jeepster recordings ltd. - a-and-r at jeepster.co.uk
            217 canalot, 222 kensal road, london, w10 5bn
               ph - 0181 964 9432, fax - 0181 964 8600
                      http://www.jeepster.co.uk
.            Somos todos conejitos felices que tararean
.           consonancias felices del conejito - no somos?