Sinister: sassafras

brad parachute at xxx.net
Sun Jun 21 08:18:44 BST 1998

sassafras(sp?) is a root. i think candy by that taste would probably be
wrong in more ways than one. it does smell good, though. i got my first
ever girlfriend in first grade by letting her smell my root.

sassafras that is.

so, i'm thinking of sending in a demo tape to jeepster. has anyone else
on the list done so, and if so, did they reply? i guess i could direct
that question straight to katrina....do you?

i know that it;s one of those albums that is understood to be a classic,
and it's been said over and over again by too many people to
count...but, hot damn, "pet sounds" is a good album. i bought that box
set, i wouldn't recommend it, except for the stereo mix of the album.
that was almost worth the fifty bucks by itself. but the rest of the set
is pretty much useless.

in the past week i've had the following occurences at work:

1. some old guy wanted the number to the CIA in so and so town (i can't
remember) and while i was looking he asked me if i was gonna kill him.
i said "why would i kill you" and he said because he knew where the
secret headquarters was, i told him i didn't know what he was talking
about so he goes "you  fucking son of a bitchin fuck, you won't kill me
cause you don't know where i live" and he was yelling...i mean yelling.
apparently he thought that i worked for the government. so i said, "no i
don't know where you live, but i know your phone number. we'll be there
in an hour." and then he let out this big gasp! and hung up the phone.

2. another old guy called up looking for mark smith. i said "alright
what city does he live in?" he said "i dunno". so i told him i had to
have a city to find someone for him, and he said that all the billboards
in his town said we could find anyone anywhere. i said, "yeah, if you
know where they live. there's probably about four hundre mark smith's in
america. so he starts yelling (see above) and he's yelling louder than
the guy above, then i hear the phone hit something hard like he dropped
it and i heard a shuffling noise and he started gasping for help. i hung
up on him. personally, i'm hoping it was a heart attack.

b&s content:  they don't suck.

-brad
.            Somos todos conejitos felices que tararean
.           consonancias felices del conejito - no somos?