Sinister: A Pleasant Surprise & a Father's Day tape

FoxInASnow at xxx.com FoxInASnow at xxx.com
Sun Jun 21 15:00:09 BST 1998

mick at indiepop.com writes:
> Then I let him listen to a million and one records, CDs, and tapes,
> and he came out greatly liking #Poundsign#, Eggstone & Trembling Blue
> Stars to boot! Woo! I get to play the mentor role! Yay!

Damn...i wish i had somebody to play the mentor role for me. When the only way
you can hear new stuff is to go out on a limb and buy it, and nobody wants to
hire you for a summer job, you're kind of stuck. Bleh...

But i have a real, B&S-content-laden question. Last night my friends and i
were in this crazy retro diner with a big, loud jukebox, and one of the songs
that came on was a Dylan tune, i believe called "I Want You" (but as my Dylan
knowledge is pretty sparse i could be way off-base). Anyway, there's a melody
line running through that song that sounds just like "The State I Am In." I
mean, i was singing the B&S tune against the Dylan and it fit perfectly. Was
this a deliberate rip? (The cool thing about this is that one of the friends i
was with is a huge Dylan fan, and she is already intrigued because she's heard
"Like Dylan in the Movies," and now that i've mentioned another seeming
B&S/Dylan connection, she really wants to hear them. Maybe if i don't get a
mentor at least i can work on BEING one. ;)

Jess
.            Somos todos conejitos felices que tararean
.           consonancias felices del conejito - no somos?