Sinister: B&S Cassock Action

Honey honey at xxx.net
Mon Jun 22 10:44:33 BST 1998

Well no-one's mailed yet so I will.

Belle and Sebastian rocked the house on Saturday to the sounds of
"He's Got The Whole World In His Hands".  We also heard forthcoming
LP tracks like "Morning Has Broken" and "Seek Ye First The Kingdom Of
God".  I swear.  A 45 minute B&S concert, the mother of all warm-up
gigs, and I'm typing this now wondering, did it really happen, or is
someone going to laugh at me for dreaming it all up after some
hallucinogenic toast?  I suspect that's why no-one else has mailed
too - everyone's afraid it was a bizarre dream.

All the band were there, apart from Stuart David who rumor has it was
at his niece's birthday party, so it was a real rock n roll day.
Chris duetted with Stuart on a hesitant but very sweet version of The
Byrds "Turn Turn Turn" (note the Ecclesiastical link).  Stuart
mentioned afterwards that someone behind me looked sort of
embarrassed clapping along the The Whole World - poor show.  I
actually saw someone writing down the "set list" (come on, own up if
you're on the list :).

My thanks also to the nice lady who took me to the church toilet before
the concert began.  You don't get THAT kind of service at your
average indie dive.  I actually wanted her to hold my hand and she
nearly did but I lost my bottle at the last minute.

honey xxx

P.S.  The new Looper single has "Spaceboy Dream #3" on the B side -
Stuart David doing his talkie business over the B&S instrumental that
was recorded in the set from which the new LP will be taken - I don't
actually know if it will be on the new LP.  I haven't heard it yet
but I'll be digging out my poorly record deck tonight.  Will let you
all know if you're interested.

.            Somos todos conejitos felices que tararean
.           consonancias felices del conejito - no somos?