Sinister: London picnic

Stuart Gardiner skg21 at xxx.uk
Mon Jun 22 13:23:58 BST 1998

OK, noone else has written anything yet, so I may as well.

The third London picnic took place yesterday afternoon (and evening... and
night...). I think we had about 20 people there, in various states of
hunger, drunkness and sunburn. Oh yes, and David had his bike with him.

It was far too hot to get a game of football going (or anything else for
that matter), so we spent most of the afternoon lazing about in some
random park in Highbury, talking about music, football and which
politicians various people wanted to sleep with (as you do). Dodgiest
chat-up line of the day - "You're all mouth and no trousers. I wish." Own
up and be ashamed, that man... Oh yes, and David had his new bike with
him.

About half of us then progressed to a pub next to the station, for
conversations about music, football and the politics of Northern Ireland
(as you do). In between the fast-food runs, suntan/burn comparing and
arm-wrestling, one or two of us may have consumed a small amount of
alcohol. One person who shall remain nameless proved suprisingly good at
attacking people by 'palette tickling'... Oh yes, and David had by now
gone home with his new yellow bike. On the train.

At this point, things started getting a bit hazy. Suffice to say that at
4am, half a bottle of vodka later, I found myself on the swings in a
children's playground somewhere in East London. Forget singalongs outside
a pub in Camden; until you have lied on your back with 5 people you barely
know, in a random park somewhere in London, singing B&S songs (and
forgetting the words, naturally), at 5 in the morning, watching the sun
come up, you have not truly ruled.

Thanks again to D&K for organising everything, and to everyone I met for
being so goddamn nice. And a big hello to the Irish contingent, hope to
see you again sometime soon. Looking forward to the next one already...

The suntanned git

.            Somos todos conejitos felices que tararean
.           consonancias felices del conejito - no somos?