Sinister: Hurrah! (was: when is a single not a single?)

duke of harringay tangent at xxx.net
Mon Jun 22 19:49:37 BST 1998

> >They seemed to avoid my radar when they were about, so can anyone
> >recommend further acquisitions ? Is there an album available ?
>
> I'd highly recommend the posthumous _The Sound Of Philadelphia_ CD
> collection (UK/Rev-Ola 14/'93)

unreservedly recommended by me too. this has everything you'll ever need.

> Failing that, you may be able to find the _Boxed_ LP/CD, which is a
> compilation of the early singles only.

two versions of this that i'm aware of, one in green and peach (?) one in
pink and dark purple, the pink one being a re-issue. i'm sure either are
kicking around bargain bins and charity shops looking sulky and magnificent
even as i type this.

> Other than that ... well, Alistair and Tim are watching. ยง;^D

watching you just neatly double track name dropping giving the Point Of
Perfection as being Hip Hip and probably agreeing wholeheartedly, although i
have to say i am very partial to If It Rains. Did that sentence make any
sense at all?

As for vinyl, well i'm still partial to it but with new releases i can't say
i bother too much. i do like the pause on the Sinister CD between sides one
and two though... Tim and i at least know of someone who used to programme
in a pause on his cd player to simulate turning the record over... Not
that's excessive, surely?

not getting into the name-slugging tomfoolery at all, except to say that to
all who might have birthdays soon, or later, we love you all and wish you
all those birthday wishes and please now no-one ever call me a sod. even if
i quite clearly am one.

keep the faith,

the duke

.            Somos todos conejitos felices que tararean
.           consonancias felices del conejito - no somos?