Sinister: England 0 Romania 1

Rod Begbie rod at xxx.com
Mon Jun 22 21:49:42 BST 1998

On Mon, 22 Jun 1998, Chris wrote:

> Went to see Drugstore last night. They ruled, but that wee Isobel
> (Isabelle? Isobelle?) bird has plainly lost her mables. marbles. Sorry.

Isobel is truly lovely and I want to protect her.  (cue Young Ones quote).
She was described by Stewart Lee review of Glastonbury 95 as being a
"Brazillian chain-smoking dwarf granny woman", which I think sums her up
perfectly.

On Thu, 18 Jun 1998 Funkyseb at aol.com wrote:

> BTW, is anyone else going to T in the Park?

I'll be there, and am always up for meeting new people (what with being a
sad bastard with no friends, and all).  Mail me nearer the time.

I'm pissed off, though, cause since I've discovered that I'm not going to
the US until October, I realised I was able to go to V98 with my friends.
Upon phoning up the ticketline, VISA card gripped in my sweaty paw, the
swines have sold out of weekend camping tickets.  Arse!  Looks like a
bloomin' good line up too.

Any peeps here daring the "glasters" "experience" this year?  Or are you
all sane?

On Sat, 20 Jun 1998, John F. Monroe wrote:

> and, the ultimate use of tiny cds  are the 12 cd 'pills' for spiritualized
> "ladies and gentlemen we are floating in space".  The 12 album tracks are on
> 12 individual  3" cds, in a foil-sealed palstic package, like pills in a
> blister pack.
>
> er, but none of these ever sold too cheaply...

Fopp have a couple left for eighty quid each, which is extortianate, but
still quite tempting.  They almost went onto afore-mentioned VISA card,
until I realised that I'd be too scared to open up the packaging.

Listened to LAGWAFIS again yesterday.  God, I love that album.

My views on the singles debate?...  Who gives a fuck?  All record
companies are Satan, all record shops are evil, the charts are rigged,
no-one buys records anyway, cancel all festivals, kill all musicians,
don't take drugs, kill boyzone, eat more cheese, wear more kahki, paint
more rainbows, drink more hooch, don't pay your taxes, shoot all
pensioners, and don't stop loving.

Oh.. since I typed in that subject line, England have scored.  Pish!  Oh
well, I'll leave it up there to signify that glorious 25 minutes when we
thought that they were shafted.

Rod.

                                    Rod Begbie @ http://www.begbie.com |
.            Somos todos conejitos felices que tararean
.           consonancias felices del conejito - no somos?