Sinister: Re: sinister-digest V2 #218

Suzanne Schroeder suzsch at xxx.net
Mon Jun 22 23:18:50 BST 1998

> Date: Sun, 21 Jun 1998 22:07:58 +0100
> From: Ian Turton <buffalo at xxx.uk>
> Subject: Sinister: Off topic and darn proud
>
> Wandering back along Chiswick High Street after having my haircut on
Thursday,
> I was listening to my new (but soon to be 'trusty') MiniDisc player. A
few
> Boymerang tracks, a few Randy Crawford tracks, Hopkirk and Lee E.P. then,
tada,
> two G500 tracks (Blue Thunder and Tell Me). And yep, I had to sate my
urge to
> shift the volume level from 25/30 to full tilt ahoy. And I have a theory
about
> it. Not a v. clever theory, I'll admit, but still. See, when I first
listened
> to G500, I naturally listened at 'normal' volume levels. And fell in love
with
> them. Having discovered that I could achieve a whole level new level of
> immersion by playing the tracks at parent distressing levels, however, I
do
> find it difficult to go back to the old 'volume at half mast' scenario.

Strange.  I don't have any parents around to distress with it, and yet I
still want to turn it up.  It just sounds better.  I can't explain it, but
at normal levels it sounds puny.  I now feel guilty for not pestering my
parents more when I was growing up.

>And you
> mention 'that' album. Presumably you me 'On Fire'; Suzanne ? If not ...

No no no.....  THAT album.

Just kidding.  This is our music.

I don't have the urge to buy any more of their albums.  i know how everyone
goes on about how great a band they are, and I like listening to that album
every once in a while, its just not something I personally get into.

.            Somos todos conejitos felices que tararean
.           consonancias felices del conejito - no somos?