Sinister: apology, russia, gypsies, cats, jokes, texas (the band), portland, picnics, outward bound

megan mkl206 at xxx.edu
Wed Jun 24 19:28:28 BST 1998

dear list,

soon i will be leaving the world of the internet for over a week, so i can
promise a minor reprieve.  but until then, i think i will share cause i
just want to.  i don't know why i feel the need to explain, none of our top
82 posters have, so i figure i'm safe.  i don't even think i've broke 50
yet, so i figure i have some leeway.

so anyway, i still have yet to find anything relating to belle and
sebasitan in russia, though i did find a record store that gets the stuff
on matador, so maybe the revolution is just around the corner.  i've met
some russian kids and no one seems too interested in the music here, other
than the kids who are going through a metal phase.  yup, slayer fucking
rules man.  i could go into my theories as to why, but they're rather half
formed.  i still haven't found anyone from russia on the list, but maybe
someday....

however, today i went to a dinner party given by my russian friends olla
and sonja and their ten cats.  one of the cats is an actress on the russian
stage.  their friend olga is an 84 year old gypsy who was sharing songs and
dancing with us.  then she made every person in the room perform.  sadly,
my only talent was being able to down a shot of vodka at a rate that
worried my mother, but everything worries my mother.  i also had borscht,
which actually tastes ok.  but it is a frightening shade of red.  i mean,
we're talking brilliantly red.  dayglo.  i think it was made from chernobyl
beets.

b&s jokes...  the best one was susannah's lightbulb joke.  another:

why did stuart david cross the road?

he didn't.

hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha

you know, speaking of scotish bands, texas are truly a girl group for the
nineties.  listen to black-eyed boy if you don't believe me.  sure, i can't
really make out what it's supposed to be about, but i know it's from a girl
point of view.  and it has a beat, i can swing to it.

anyway, i'll be back in portland soon, so if anyone else is there, let's
have a picnic.  as that seems to be what b&s people do.  actually, why are
they always picnics?  maybe we should have an outward bound weekend or
something.  get some real bonding in.

xox
megan
.            Somos todos conejitos felices que tararean
.           consonancias felices del conejito - no somos?