Sinister: meaningless banter

brad parachute at xxx.net
Thu Jun 25 05:37:11 BST 1998

i haven't read it personally, but a friend phoned me up today and told
me that in the new issue of entertainment weekly, belle and sebastian
are in the top 100 of the most creative people of the decade. anyone
else read this?

i ran into my old french teacher today, and she said "well, hello
sebastian" (that was my given french name in high school) and i said
"well hello". she's a french lady. she talks kind of like what i imagine
genevieve to sound like. and she said "i got a bone to pick with you,
sebastian" and i said "lay it on me, bitch"...no really, i said "what"
with a look of genuine surprise because i haven't seen her in 8 years.
and she said a couple years back she found a french textbook where every
drawing of every man woman child dog and cat and anything else that
lives, had a huge dick drawn on them. and then i remembered. i erased
the crotch of every drawing in that book one year and gave them a well
endowed member. and i said "whoops" and she said "no i thought it was
funny, but this poor little innocent christian girl was assigned that
book and three days after the year started she came up to my desk and
showed me" then we had a laugh together and i scrammed.

i would like to hear belle and sebastian cover that guns n' roses song
where he goes "turn around bitch i got a use for you, besides, you ain't
got nothing better to do, and i'm bored". i think that's the funniest
line in a song ever. well, except for that one stone roses song on the
"second crap" album where he croons "hell hath no fury like a woman
scorn" i cringe when i hear that song. what a putz.

i've moved on from the "pet sounds" infatuation. now i'm listening to
the simon and garfunkel box set. some of their songs are just absolute
crap. not a lot of them, but enough of them. it's like he sat down and
said, "yeah this lyric will make me sound real artsy". belle and
sebastian should cover "hazy shade of winter"...but it'd be hard to beat
the bangles' version. they could stop halfway through the song and
stuart david could solemnly recite the above lyric from the guns n'
roses song, that it'd be good. that'd make that suzanne girl from the
bangles go, "why didn't i think of that? where's my hairspray?"

the end of something,
brad

but seriously, the ending of "rocket queen" on appetite for destruction
is one of the best things ever commited to tape. i ain't ashamed to
admit it.
.            Somos todos conejitos felices que tararean
.           consonancias felices del conejito - no somos?