Sinister: New thread WITH Belle & Sebby content!!

Katrina House a-and-r at xxx.uk
Thu Jun 25 17:19:55 BST 1998

John Stuart/mail+schedule wrote:

> Belle & Sebastian (1995?-Present)
> Stuart Murdoch          ----------      previous bands 'Lisa Helps The > Blind' and 'Le Pastie De La Bourgeousie'

> Stuart David            ----------      also in Looper with wife Karn

'don't know if this is serious or not, but just thought i'd add my 2
cents worth ...

stuart david's not really "in" Looper, him and Karn "are" Looper, or the
Looper as it's sometimes told.

B&S used to be called Rhode Island and i think that was just the two
stuarts with a heap of session musos including mick.  they did the dog
on wheels demos.

> Isobel Campbell
> Richard Colburn

drummed for polar bear ... did all the tracks on the "starfighter pilot"
single, also played with the karelia on their recent germany tour

> Chris Geddes            ----------- also in 'V-Twin'
> Sarah Martin (from 1996?) --------      other project, name unknown

The two brothers

> Mick Cook (from 1998?)  ----------- also in 'The Karelia' and 'The
> Amphetameanies'

> Snow Patrol (formally Polar Bear)
> Stuart Murdoch features on 'Safety'.  Richard & Chris feature on video of last single.

actually, it's richard and neil who are in the video for "little hide"

> Arab Strap
> Stuart Murdoch, Chris Geddes and Isobel Campbell feature on 'The Clearing', and other tracks I can't remember of the top of my head.

tracks on the new strap lp with chris, stuart and i can't remember who
else.

also, stuart features on a hefner ep (which i bought and still haven't
bloody listened to) and on the b-side of the looper single "spaceboy
dream #3) the music is credited to stuart david, chris geddes and stuart
murdoch.

so that's all i know (well, right now anyway)

oh, i think isobel once played on a starlets track too.  could be wrong
though.

bye,
Katrina.

        jeepster recordings ltd. - mailto:a-and-r at jeepster.co.uk
            217 canalot, 222 kensal road, london, w10 5bn, uk
               phone - 0181 964 9432, fax - 0181 964 8600
                        http://www.jeepster.co.uk

.            Somos todos conejitos felices que tararean
.           consonancias felices del conejito - no somos?