Sinister: Belle and Sebastian Family Tree & A REQUEST!

Steve Genge steve at xxx.uk
Thu Jun 25 17:40:04 BST 1998

>     Keith.
>
> ps : the family tree sounds nice, although I thought Stuart David was
doing
> one anyway - if he is, we could do another band, maybe Colour me Badd, or
> perhaps we could do a Family family tree.

Anything for you Keith!

Family - Roger CHapman (vocals), Charlie Whitney(guitar), Rob
Townsend(drums), Tony Ashton(keyboards) & Jim Cregan (bass)

Formed Leicester 1966 - an amalgamation of two local bands.

Above line up was the one when band broke up in 1973

Previously known as the Roaring Sixties  & then Farinas

Went to London in 1968 to record their Music In A Doll's House album

followed it with Family Entertainment in 1969

people who I've never heard of left, other people joined & I haven't heard
of them either.

They made more records.

They split up.

The end!

That was fun wasn't it? Now my request, I want you, dear listess to tell me
about the first time you heard B&S, the circumstances, the song(s)? Was it
love at first listen or did you think "it's like punk never happened!" That
may have just been me though as I think that all the time: the bus is late
"it's like punk never happened!" I think.

Anyway, my idea is to somehow incorporate your replies into a B&S page I'm
preparing for my taking shape on a browser near you fanzine, Red Roses For
Me, which you really all should visit, if only for a cheap laugh & sign my
guestbook :o)

it lives at: http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Cabaret/9043/

bye!

steve

"Pain and beauty, our constant bedfellows"
                      Sabine Strohem
            steve at seahorses.demon.co.uk
 Red Roses For Me Fanzine & Records For Sale
http://www.geocities.com/SunsetStrip/Cabaret/9043/
.            Somos todos conejitos felices que tararean
.           consonancias felices del conejito - no somos?