Sinister: Hey Mister Fuzzy Wuzz!

PJMiller pjmiller at xxx.es
Fri Jun 26 12:27:46 BST 1998

Not many messages today, eh? I knew Dave's departure would be keenly felt.
Let's hope he joins up again when he's in Boston.
I've just been reading some great stuff about the South West music scene on
the Tangents site, including a glowing report of the Duke's solo project,
written by some bloke called Alistair Fitchett. Whoever this Fitchett fella
is, you must have slipped him a fiver, Duke. Isn't Brett Ashley the bloke
who had his knackers replaced by a load of shrapnel in the war? Anyway, it's
certainly whetted my appetite, and I shall be on the lookout for a copy down
my local record store this afternoon. Then I shall squirm in front of the
f**tb*ll before settling down to my first ever interactive internet gig.

Loop were quite good in my opinion. It's true that they did only know one
chord and I think they probably buckled under the weight of its complexity
in the end. One of them is now managing (or something) our old friends
Tindersticks. The only album of theirs I own is Heaven's End, the first one.
It features samples from 2001 - A Space Odyssey. Infinity and Beyond seems
to be where they were aiming for with their music but they got stuck at
(insert amusing name here) services on the M1. Can't think where I've seen
that "joke" before - probably something to do with Hawkwind.

B&S content. You'll be wondering what a friend of mine said when confronted
with the much discussed handclaps on Lazy Line Painter Jane:
"Fuckin' 'ell, the Glitter Band must be shittin' themselves!"

Peter