Sinister: The Clapping song

PJMiller pjmiller at xxx.es
Fri Jun 26 22:35:06 BST 1998

Duke said that I said:

>Peter made some comments about the Brett Ashley recordings, and then made a
>fax pass by mixing up Brett Ashley with the narrator of the Hemingway
>classic 'the Sun Also Rises'. Brett Ashley was the chick who gets off with
>the bull fighter dude, as if you need reminding ;-)

Oh dear. I really have put my foot in it now. That book always makes me put
my foot in it. I read the whole thing without realising that the narrator
had in fact been parted from his testicles. Aaah the joys of youth. And the
joys of a bird having two bloke's names.

>yeah, i had to pay more than a fiver to that Fitchett bloke for that
review,
>i can tell you... i wonder how much Belle & Sebastian had to pay to get all
>those glowing reviews?

For anyone who hasn't read it, I feel I should point out that Mr Fitchett is
actually quite reasonable about Duke's work, and doesn't make it out to be
overly fantastic or anything. Just in case I had given the wrong impression.
Personally, I am sure it is overly fantastic and would like to know how to
do it. I've got a PC and two tape decks and I am musically illiterate too.

>nice to know someone reads the stuff anyway :-)

I always read it straight after Popgob.

Peter