Sinister: probably boring stuff, sorry

Vicky Parkinson uczcvap at xxx.uk
Mon Jun 29 12:30:06 BST 1998

In 15 mins I'm supposed to impress my supervisor with how much work I've
done over the past fortnight, and give her a bibliography, but as I spent 5
days in glasgow, 5 in Chorley (don't go ever, horrible lancashire grim
factory town) and spent the past2 hrs reading the 346 messages I got while
I was away I shall have to do some bullshitting about disks not reading and
'I'll email you my bibliography honest'.

Someone said something about a strange English bloke in Nimbus at the
Longest Day. Tis Ben, and he has a huge following of girlies because they
go for the skeletal look and cheekbones that will cut lots of things. He's
also a total lovie and probably had at least 3 illegal substances coursing
through his veins. But Nimbus are great. Unfortunately the sound was pretty
crap and the bass was far too loud, so they could not be truly appreciated.

After reading 346 messages my brain is feeling a little dizzy, and though I
know there are loads of things I want to say the neurons aren't firing
properly

The feeling of converting people to B & S is absolutely amazing. I returned
home yesterday to find a new flatmate moving in, we had a bonding beer and
music session last night, and I played B & S and he brought out a Nick
Drake cd which was my first listen.

Slowdive are THE best band to listen to while falling asleep, although Mark
Eitzel's latest album and the first solo one are pretty good

Vinyl is great for many reasons, but particularly because it is cheap,
generally, and nobody borrows it cos they can't play it, and therefor your
music collection remains intact and not scattered across the globe.

Oh dear, the hour of reckoning is upon me........

Vicky