Sinister: meaningless banter

Stephen Landamore stephenl at xxx.uk
Tue Jun 30 11:05:21 BST 1998

espadrille wrote:
> and yes, i did forget lush. another band who promised loads and ended
> up being crap-pop underachievers. like the house of love.

Hmm, well I agree that the house of love went to seed - I think it was
the lack of media support plus things went sour with their record
company - fontana?

However, have you listened to the new Guy Chadwick album, Lazy Soft &
Slow? It is really really good. I reckon if you like B&S, you'll
probably like this album, it's very laid-back & ballad-y. A bare handful
of songs sound like v. early HOL, but for the most it is a new
direction, really charming stuff.

I saw the House of Love several times, and went to see Guy Chadwick back
in ooh, March I guess... it was a pity to see him reduced to playing to
such a small crowd - small venue, nowhere near packed out AND I
overheard one of the roadies saying it was a good turnout!!!

> espadrille
>
> (lsitening to mark hollis, the jesus and mary chain's darklands and
> spiritualized's ladies and gents etc. at the moment)

It amazes me it's taken so long for people to 'get' spiritualized,
personally speaking I think their other albums are equally great.

regards,
stephen

(listening to tortoise's tnt and craig armstrong's the space between us
at the moment)