Sinister: meaningless banter

A.M. Horne amh20 at xxx.uk
Tue Jun 30 12:54:08 BST 1998

On Tue, 30 Jun 1998, Stephen Landamore wrote:

> However, have you listened to the new Guy Chadwick album, Lazy Soft &
> Slow? It is really really good. I reckon if you like B&S, you'll
> probably like this album, it's very laid-back & ballad-y. A bare handful
> of songs sound like v. early HOL, but for the most it is a new
> direction, really charming stuff.

i heard a couple of songs, and bought the second single, but wasn't vastly
impressed: the poor boy still can't write lyrics. such a shame (as talk
talk once said)

> I saw the House of Love several times, and went to see Guy Chadwick back
> in ooh, March I guess... it was a pity to see him reduced to playing to
> such a small crowd - small venue, nowhere near packed out AND I
> overheard one of the roadies saying it was a good turnout!!!

saw them just after bickers had left (which was the final straw), and they
were ok, but not as good as they could have been. and the glorious guitar
bit in 'love in a car' was out of tune.

> (listening to tortoise's tnt and craig armstrong's the space between us
> at the moment)

is the armstrong any cop? he's got a couple fo tracks on the melankolic
compilation, whcih are both pretty good, but one's a cover of a massive
attack track, so it's hard to tell if he's worth riskiung some money on.

espadrille