Sinister: jeepster-news: important news list info : looper : jeepster website

david kitchen shop at xxx.uk
Tue Jun 30 15:06:39 BST 1998

for all those people who have been subscribed to the jeepster news list
(covering belle and sebastian, salako and snow patrol) here is an
important announcement.

from yesterday we have changed our news list to a majordomo script.

what this means for you is that you can now subscribe and unsubscribe
via e-mail only, it also means that the reliability of the list is
almost guaranteed.

the majordomo address is majordomo at jeepster.co.uk and it will accept the
following commands - all commands HAVE to be in the body of the message
and not the subject:

help                   this will instruct majordomo to e-mail you help
file listing common commands

lists                  this will request the names of all the lists
served by this server

info <listname>        requests a copy of the info file so that you can
see what a list is for

who <listname>         request a list of subscribers e-mail addresses

subscribe <listname>   subscribes you to a list

unsubscribe <listname> unsubscribes you from a list

in the case of this news list simply replace <listname> for the word
'news'

please note that if you are subscribed to the sinister (belle and
sebastian) mailing list located at majordomo at majordomo.net, then you do
NOT need to be subscribed to this news list as the sinister list
automatically receives the news mail-outs.

--

regarding last weeks mail about 'looper' which some people may not have

looper is stuart david's (bassist with belle and sebastian) side
project.
they are releasing a single through subpop next week (w/c 07/07/98).
the single is titled 'impossible things' and the cat no' is 'SP446'.
advance orders should be made to subpop at http://www.subpop.com/orders/
if you then enter 'looper' into the bottom left search box it will bring
up the ordering details.

--

big changes have just taken place at jeepster, i am now employed
full-time to run the fanclubs and handle the websites and merchandising,

katrina will be still be answering a lot of e-mail and snail mail, and
hopefully she'll be writing these messages too.

we are aiming at opening the jeepster website
(http://www.jeepster.co.uk/)within the next week or so. it doesn't
currently look like we'll have the shirts that we've been promising, but
we should have the entire jeepster discography and high quality sound
files.

in the coming month or so salako and snow patrol will have websites
created at http://www.jeepster.co.uk/salako/ and
http://www.jeepster.co.uk/snowpatrol/ respectively.

the current belle and sebastian fanclub site at
http://www.totalweb.co.uk/bluesoda/ will be moving lock, stock and
barrel to http://www.jeepster.co.uk/belleandsebastian/ and will
hopefully include some new features as well as the international
colouring contest thatwe promised a while ago.

--

cheers

david kitchen

     david kitchen : merchandising and websites : jeepster records

              visit the site at : http://www.jeepster.co.uk/

                   or mail us at : shop at jeepster.co.uk

 jeepster recordings ltd, 217 canalot, 222 kensal road, london w10 5bn

of the message

Any problems? mailto:shop at jeepster.co.uk