Sinister: little drummer girls

Tara Widmer TWidmer at xxx.com
Tue Jun 30 18:25:04 BST 1998

<<If anybody out there has some info on great female drummers I'd quite
like to hear it.>>

There is Molly from the Peechees, her from Sleater-Kinney and
whatsherface from Hole.  Whether they qualify as "great" is open for
debate I guess...
Other bands with chicks on sticks (sorry) that actually might be
considered good are Beat Happening(I think), Imperial Teen and Apples in
Stereo.

<<Moe Tucker of The Veelvets and Georgia Hubley of Yo La Tengo have been
accounted for as have such bands as The Go Gos and The Bangles.>>
Moe has her own official website, worth checking out if you're a fan.
She does it herself, and seems really down to earth and not at all what
you'd expect someone who was part of such a legendary band to be like!
Mostly she writes about her family and friends, and she has some of her
most recent work available through mail-order. it's at:
http://www.spearedpeanut.com/tajmoehal

<<well, who drummed for Vixen?>>
Vixen!!! *sigh* Picture me, aged fourteen... enamoured with a certain
Norwegian exchange student at school...whose locker was by some stroke
of luck RIGHT next to mine... only to look inside his one day and find
it completely plastered with pictures of hair metal's own proto-Spice
girls:-(  There is an article featuring Vixen in the latest Details,
it's actually pretty interesting!!

shouldn't i be working right now...oh yes...
tarabelle