Sinister: The Space Between Us - ooer

duke of harringay tangent at xxx.net
Tue Jun 30 20:15:00 BST 1998

> Craig Armstrong - If you like lots and lots of atmospheric dark strings,
> then this is the album for you. only two tracks have vocals on, but they
> are damned good tracks, and one after my own heart - let's go out tonight.
> Also one track is called Glasgow, and is very evocative of the docks in
> september at dusk with the rain pissing down as usual.

i like this LP a lot, and think that the liz fraser collaboration is better
than the massive attack ones, for what it's worth. there's also a great
track featuring Paul Buchanan of glasgow underacheivers Blue Nile, a band
who released a gem of a record called A Walk Across the Rooftops and then
spent a lifetime coming up with a sequel that was, to coin a phrase, pish.
he sounds great on this though...

duke