Sinister: NB&SC: Future Bible Hereos

Buick1967 Buick1967 at xxx.com
Mon Mar 2 21:42:48 GMT 1998

<< 	I know a good portion of the list likes the Magnetic Fields so you
 can probably help me.  I just bought the Future Bible Hereos CD and I have
 only listened to it once and I really like it.  I really enjoy the
 female vocals yet I have not got into the male vocals.  I was wondering if
 all the Magnetic Fields music sound like the male vocals?  And does his
 voice grow on you over time?

I liked Stephen's voice immediately, so I'm uncertain as to whether or not it
would grow on a person... I would say probably. I think his singing on "Get
Lost" and "Charm of the Highway Strip" is fantastic. If you like the music,
but find his voice intolerable, I suggest listening to the first two records
(compiled on one CD) called The Wayward Bus/Distant Plastic Trees. Susan Anway
sings beautifully on every song on these and I personally think its the
greatest of Stephen Merritt's impressive catalog of recordings (probably
because I like the unblemished new-ness of Merritt's style). But really, its
all good.
~Harry "sorry for posting four times already today" Manning