Sinister: NB&SC: Future Bible Hereos

Yummycats Yummycats at xxx.com
Mon Mar 2 21:49:07 GMT 1998

In a message dated 98-03-02 16:31:59 EST, andrewn at ea.oac.uci.edu writes:

<< I know a good portion of the list likes the Magnetic Fields so you
 can probably help me.  I just bought the Future Bible Hereos CD and I have
 only listened to it once and I really like it.  I really enjoy the
 female vocals yet I have not got into the male vocals.  I was wondering if
 all the Magnetic Fields music sound like the male vocals?  And does his
 voice grow on you over time?

Most of the Magnetic Fields' music does sound like the Future Bible Heroes,
BUT the *music* of the FBH's is done by someone else.  Stephin wrote the
lyrics and sings on half the record, the music is by Christopher Ewen (which
explains the more electronic sound).  Stephin is the vocalist on the rest of
the Magnetic Fields and Gothic Archies cd's EXCEPT The Wayward Bus and Distant
Plastic Trees (a woman sings, named Susan Anway).  On the 6th's "Wasp Nest"
Stephin does music and sings only one song, the other vocals are done by other
people.
Personally, I love Stephin's voice.  It's interesting that when they started
the band, he didn't intend to be the one singing, but when Susan left...
(Incedentally, Claudia Gonson, the female vocalist in FBH's, is also in the
MF's and plays cello.)