Sinister: Even More on Roald Dahl [non-B&S]

Madame Cholet barzy at xxx.com
Mon Mar 2 22:45:16 GMT 1998

>OK so he might have been a _tiny_ bit twisted sometimes, but honestly, when
>you've eight years old, you expect the annoying little children in the
>books to die a horrible death. At least you hope they die a miserable
>death. And some of the kids in Willy Wonkas should have died (which they
>did). Kids don't like bad endings, of course. I've got to say that I
>completely *LOVED* his books (well childrens ones at least)... didn't
>everyone???
>
>Larry

Oh but they didn't die at the end, Wonka said...remember? Sad tho..they all
should have really. Sept for Charlie who looks EXACTALLY like Stephen
Pastel....Ever notice? I did grow up with a horrid fear of Oompa Loompas
tho....I even had an ex who use to sing that song, to see me scream and run
in horror. Horrible little verman ...those orange bastards. A close friend
of mine worked as Lucy Dahl's (Roald's daughter who's still doing his stuff
for him cause he's dead.) assistant and said she's the bomb....And really,
who *hasn't* licked wallpaper once or twice...JUST to see.......Willy Wonka
was on BBC something this past Xmas and I actually watched it with someone
who is 35 and had *never* seen it before! It lost something, as it was in
black & white...but after it was over I asked "so!? whad you think?" and he
said ...."a bit far fetched really." Sheesh..some people.......

Forever blowing bubbles (nothing to do with footie songs.) and licking
wallpaper.....

(sort of like licking railings? Dunno...Dunno.......)

beth