Sinister: Back at the DHSS

Keith Watson keith at xxx.uk
Tue Mar 3 15:58:21 GMT 1998

>    having completed my english degree and being now on the dole
>for about seven months i am now insane and  really quite
>bored.Anyway  being at a loose end  I decided  to emulate stuart
>murdoch by riding around on citybuses

I know how you feel, I spent 5 months or so on the dole a few years back and
never again... working may not be ideal, but it's infinitely preferable to
waking up every day at 2 o'clock, eating beans, watching blackadder and then
going to the museum, cause it's the only free place to go (which has now
changed).
    Hardly ever managed to do things I wanted to do cause you're constantly
hassled by the situation you're in. It's certainly not enjoyable from my
point of view (although I know people who did enjoy it).

    However, there are alternatives... as someone suggested recently, you
could start a youth group.

    Keith.