Sinister: An Eighties Quiz! (Minimal B&S, but what the h...

nmacfarl at xxx.MacFarlane nmacfarl at xxx.MacFarlane
Tue Mar 3 19:44:08 GMT 1998

Here's a few more:

16) The tears I cry aren't tears of pain, they're all to hide my hidden
shame...
Human - The Human League

36) Tonight I need your sweet caress, hold me in the darkness,
Breathe - hands to heaven

27) What's your definition of dirty baby, what do you consider
pornography..
George Michael  - sex? or maybe Prince or Poison?

Quite a few of these I think were only on the UK's charts which is why I'm
having a difficult time with it! - us Canadians got to grow up on Casey
Kasem's American top 40 and some really bad hair bands throw in for
Canadian content and missed out on all the lovely britpop....

Natalie

-------------
Original Text
From: Essexdog5 <Essexdog5 at xxx.com>, on 3/2/98 7:26 PM:
My bastard flatmate set me a '80s lyrics quiz a few days ago (gawd, what a
krayzee life we lead) and I've still only got 13 out of 50. He still won't
tell me the answers, which I fear is in revenge for my good self having
played
the Dog On Wheels EP to such a degree that he now finds himself singing in
the
shower against his better judgement. Pah! Any ideas?

(NB in anticipation of any emails telling me to try the '80s list - I
already
have, but their taste is not as impeccable as B&S bods. I mean that most
sincerely folks, I really do). Let's go.......

1) I need your love tonight, not just a hand to hold...
2) I must have left my house at eight because I always do...
3) Welcome to the great republic, guess I should show you round, where once
I was a king but now I am a clown...
4) Every night she walks right in my dreams since I met her from the
start...
5) She goes out every night 'til the morning is light, and she sleeps all
day...
6) Look at my hopes look at my dreams and the currency we've spent....
7) All your dreams help you forget, you ain't never danced a step...
8) I can feel the earth begin to move, I hear my needle hit the groove
9) Why should it be, that my heart's under lock and I can't find the key...
10) I cry in my sleep (cry boy, cry boy)...
11) You don't have to say you love me, you don't have to say you care...
12) Nobody knows me, but I'm always there...
13) Arms intwined, the chosen few, the newspaper says.... it's true.... we
can break through....
14) Out of my head to say the things I said, I didn't mean a word...
15) I said "a fine man", she said "So arrogant - I will decide where I go
or I don't go"...
16) The tears I cry aren't tears of pain, they're all to hide my hidden
shame...
17) I was standing, you were there, two world collided...
18) Laughing like children, living like lovers, rolling like thunder, under
the covers...
19) Subject me to the truth to the heartache and pain, until my mind is
twisted...
20) By a tree near a river there's a hole in the ground....
21) I say I think I ought to go, she answers yes, but I say no...
22) Here it comes again, chugging like a train, round and round, the same
old tune...
23) I won't be here when you come home, I'm sorry if you don't understand
forgive me if you can...
24) You got style, that's what all the girls say...
25) So now it's over, he's got a heart made out of stone...
26) Soldiers of fortune by some other name...
27) What's your definition of dirty baby, what do you consider
pornography..
28) Woah, makes me want to dance, woah, it's a new romance...
29) We're going to find a way, find a way to get a way, this time...
30) We're no strangers to love, you know the rules and so do I...
31) P.E.R.S.P.E.C.T.I.V.E, is no mystery...
32) A walk in the park can become a bad dream...
33) Just like that murder in '73, just like that robbery in '62...
34) Nothing is certain in a changing world...
35) It's all the same, only the names have changed...
36) Tonight I need your sweet caress, hold me in the darkness,
37) Take a look at me, wired to a machine...
38) When the chips are down, I'll be around, with my undying death defying
love for you...
39) Change your heart to a little white dove, more than a feeling...
40) If you said jump I'd say "how high", if you said run I'd run and fly...
41) This could be the last time, I think I said that last time...
42) Now and then when I see her face it takes me away to that special
place...
43) You're out of time, and I'm out of my head when your not around...
44) Here comes the 21st century, it's going to be much better for a girl
like me...
45) Boys, now the times are changing the going could get rough...
46) There's only two things that you can't hide from - you and the ground
you're walking on...
47) And the music don't feel how it felt when I felt it with you...
48) I went though some nights concerned by the shadows, I was crippled
emotionally
49) You're breathing in fumes I taste when we kiss...
50) Every time in rains, I have you here in my head...