Sinister: wayward and cynical

PKHINTZ PKHINTZ at xxx.com
Wed Mar 4 02:57:34 GMT 1998

I left the spacious country manor in New Jersey to visit the bright lights of
New York City Saturday night.  Whilst spending too much money on records at
Other Music I noticed something that might be of general interest:  a Belle
and Sebastian set list.  The glorious object was tacked to the wall behind the
cash register; the rays of light that emanated from it nearly blinded me.  The
only words I could decipher were "Fox In the Snow."  I was a bit surprised
that I could read those words at all--I thought it would have been written in
Scottish.

	And all this talk of Stephin Merritt is making me feel more than a little
bitter.  Andy #3, and any other Sinisterettes that went to the Magnetic Fields
show, as you walked into the Mercury Lounge you may have noticed a boy and
girl crying, pawing at the door; they were only 19 and the club was 21+.
Well, next to those frantic two, were listee Megan and I, also 19, huddled
under her umbrella, looking sour, waiting for something--maybe the bouncer to
shrivel into a peanut.  He never did; we left.

	Back in November Mr. Murdoch's sexuality was discussed.  My father wanted me
to give him an email demonstration while he visited.  I opened my inbox--to
find waiting for both of us twenty or so emails with the subject "Sinister:
Gay Stuart", which sounds, well, just sinister.  My father and I have never
mentioned that to each other; we ignored it, uncomfortably.  I do not think
that Stuart M. has any obligation to tell whether he is or isn't; it is his
life afterall.  And, sexuality is fluid.  If he were to tell, either the
entire female population or the entire male population of the list would be
disappointed.  (Wouldn't you rather have the hope?)  The difference between
Stuart M. and Morrissey or Dickon from Orlando is that Stuart has never made
references, vague statements, in the press about being a fancy pirate.
Morrissey and Dickon's careers thrive on the ambiguity and speculation;
Stuart's career, especially after the decision to not do press, thrives on
talent alone.  Some men are just sensitive.

	What did Mystic Tag write about Geminis talking?  ;-)  Well, some of the
other parts of the horoscope were true for me, but I refuse to say which ones.
I was sore about being pared up with Oscar Wilde--he's dead afterall--but I
noticed the other two of my match-ups--Bridgitte Bardot _and_ Chris Geddes.
(Bridgitte, Chris, email me privately, and we'll set something up.  Baby, it's
in the stars).

	I'M GOING NOW, BYE!!!
			Ha ha!  Just kidding!

			What I really mean is,