Sinister: Mayfly

PJMiller pjmiller at xxx.es
Wed Mar 4 10:00:10 GMT 1998

-----Original Message-----
De: Mark Hester <M.Hester at ELSEVIER.CO.UK>
Para: sinister at majordomo.net <sinister at majordomo.net>
Fecha: martes 3 de marzo de 1998 19:57
Asunto: Sinister: Mayfly

>It's interesting all these people describing B&S as folk-rock. Genres have
>limited use, i know but I never thought of them as being that. The organ
>on 'Mayfly sounds like 'Telstar' by the Tornadoes. But was anyone on
>this list born when that came out..... not me, i missed it by 9 years.

Since all this started up I've been dallying in the world of folk, and I
think it's great. I also think that pop is folk and vice versa. I'm slowly
working my way through all the people that make appearances in the Dick
Drake biography. Very slowly, in fact. There's a nice folk section in this
month's Mojo Magazine. I haven't read it yet because I'm reading about Pink
Floyd's "Dark Side of the Moon". Fascinating stuff.

>Re the name thing- a good way to come up with a good pseudonym is to
>take the your middle name and follow it with the name of the first street
>you lived in. Try it.

All right. James Strawberry Lane. Sounds frankly ridiculous.

Peter