Sinister: Intro/ Living the songs project: Dream of Horses

Martin Conneely Martin_Conneely at finance.irlgov.ie
Wed Mar 4 13:15:13 GMT 1998

1.  My first message (after a few weeks lurking).
Somebody complained about new mailers praising B&S.  I've been musically
conscious
since before the Beatles (hibernating a lot  it in recent years) , and IYFS is
one of the greatest
refreshers for tired ears and brains of its time, up there with Astral Weeks,
Stormbringer, After the Goldrush,
Hissing of Summer Lawns.  And what's wrong with starting off on that foot?

2. Re. Living the Songs:
> John WIgham suggested turning tables in M&S.

> Honey added a series of suggestions for living the songs.

I didn't quite dream of horses but last Saturday the Irish Times racing section
had a headline:  "Dun Belle on Track".
Obviously this was a message from God,  who used to send messages as dreams at
one time - see Bible or have a cup of tea with someone who's into Bible
studies.  I hadn't bet for years but how many B&Sers also read the ITimes
racing section?  The race was at 2.45 in Haydock, I put IRœ5 each way on Dun
Belle, and took my son to the park for an hour to leave Dun Belle in peace as
he/she was making my fortune in faraway fields. Returned from the park, without
looking back, to the bookies to find that Dun Belle was an also-ran.  My son
had to do without his lemonade as I only had the price of 5 pints left
(joking!).

There are 2 Marks and Spencers in Dublin, Ireland but I don't know if they have
tables to turn. It would be cheaper than dreaming of horses.

Martin C