Sinister: you cheeky twat (NB&SC)

PJMiller pjmiller at xxx.es
Wed Mar 4 18:13:05 GMT 1998

-----Original Message-----
De: Hopkins T <t.hopkins at lancaster.ac.uk>
Para: 'sinister at majordomo.net' <sinister at majordomo.net>
Fecha: miƩrcoles 4 de marzo de 1998 14:38
Asunto: Sinister: pop quiz lines

Timothy Puddles wrote:

>51) Lip Up Fatty
>
>That's 'Lip Up Fatty' by Peter Miller and the Bobby Chariot Castanet and
>Spoons Orchestra. I think.

The word "castanet" appears in my 106 page die casting instruction maual.
According to the European Union it means "damselfish". They must think I was
born yesterday.

"The Day Before You Came" by Abba is one of the best songs ever, and not at
all cheesy. Every now and then I try to remember to have a bit of a think,
and once I thought about how exactly that song works. It's very sad, but
it's all kind of unarticulated. Perhaps that's it. Anyway, it's a beautiful
song beautifully sung. It sounds like someone about to completely lose their
grip and go round the twist. That last sentence may well have been
influenced by my reading about Pink Floyd.

Huw, it sounds to me as if the music you are looking for is either Pink
Floyd's timeless masterpiece "Dark Side of the Moon" or "Bucket T" by The
Who, one of the extra tracks on "A Quick One". It certainly set me off
daydreaming a few minutes ago. It would make an excellent theme tune for the
forthcoming Bobby Chariot television special.

Melon Mainprize

Family history (NB&SC)
(Melon was a canary. He was called Lemon until we realised he wasn't going
to go yellow. Mainprize means either "man prised from the sea" (my Aunty
Iris's daft theory) or "ransom" (my own sensible, carefully documented
theory). Everyone believes Aunty Iris. It's a nice name though, nicer than
my own, Chariot).