Sinister: One that's been discussed before

Mick McMick mick at xxx.com
Wed Mar 4 20:05:39 GMT 1998

Reid Dossinger wrote:
> > Some men are just sensitive.
>
> Thank you, Matthew!  Someone FINALLY said it!  Why is it that every male pop star that
> shows an ounce of sensitivity and doesn't play on the most distorted guitar possible is
> automatically assumed (by the most conservative homophobe AS WELL AS the most
> out-of-the-closet flamer) to be gay?!  Talk about enabling stereotypes!  I hope Mr.
> Murdoch is straight, 'cause sissy heteros who like to dance and don't like to fight need
> heroes, too.

	Not really. No one ever accused Rob Wratten of the Field Mice of being
gay, and the Field Mice even wrote a song called Sensitive. I think if a
lyricist is going to flirt with the same-sex lyrics, he or she is sure
to be in for accusations. Still, I don't think that should stop anyone.
I think that a song about a man loving a man is certainly more
refreshing than one about a man loving a woman, or vice versa. Not to
say some of my favorite songs haven't been about a man loving a woman,
but in a perfect world, there would be shining examples of both, and all
the other possibilites therein.

 /"\_/"\_/"\    Mick McMick - mick at indiepop.com - ICQ#5056758
 \         /    Sandcastle Records - sandcastlerecords at indiepop.com