Sinister: arm in arm

PKHINTZ PKHINTZ at xxx.com
Thu Mar 5 03:02:20 GMT 1998

Mick Mick McMick McMick wrote:
<<No one ever accused Rob Wratten of the Field Mice of being
gay, and the Field Mice even wrote a song called Sensitive.>>

	No one has ever accused Rob Wratten of being gay because nearly all his songs
are about loving/not loving women.  He wrote "Sensitive" but that is about
being, erm, sensitive, not about fancying men.  In the notable exceptions in
the Wratten song library are "Song Six", again about being a sensitive male in
this brutal world; "This Love Is Not Wrong", about any non-straight romance
generally, but includes the line "Says one woman to another"; and "So Said
Kay" which is about two women again.  I can not think of any others.

	Stuart M. wrote "Seeing Other People" using the first person, putting himself
in the situation of "practicing" kissing other boys.  The use of first person
is going to lead people to assume that this really happened to Stuart.  Of
course, no one assumes that Stuart really met a major that he could not see
eye to eye with.  Although, I believe that Stuart conceded that some situation
like the one in "SOP" really happened, how do we know it did?  He is a
song_writer_ afterall.  If Rob Wratten were to write a song about kissing a
man, then he probably would be asked if he were gay (and what would Annemari
say!).

	Well, my original point was that Stuart's sexuality is his own personal
business; he has the right not to tell since it is his own life.  I often
think that the entire notion of sexuality is bunk anyway; those things can
change in a person's life.  Too much importance is placed on whom one wants to
love.

	I just want to hear songs about love; songs that make me tremble; songs that
make me want to shed a tear.

	"If the sun going down makes me want to cry, why should I not like
 the way I am?"   --the Field Mice, "Sensitive"

		Living and loving
				Matthew