Sinister: Replies etc etc etc

Honey honey at xxx.net
Thu Mar 5 15:00:28 GMT 1998

Shirley Watton from her velvet lined Art Deco apartment writes: please
would all subscribers to the digest remember that if they just hit
reply their replies will go into a black hole.  For reasons too
tedious to relate (original list members will remember the Great
Sinister Crash of 1997 when everyone got 25 copies of each mail), the
reply-to address comes to owner-sinister, a Shirley who has no time
to readdress them.  So you need to readdress to "sinister at majordomo.net".

I'm going to rehash the FAQ for the mailing list in due course with a
littl ehelp from others to better define what the majority of people
want from this list.  I've had quite a lot of emails privately asking
me to do something so I'm going to have to get tough soon, which I
hate.  For now I ask as always that everything thinks before they
send, that we avoid quizzes and number games and things not of the
heart or the ribs, that we don't slag each other off, and that noone
sends an excessive amount of one-line replies to things.  Please
bundle up a day's replies into one email as much as possible.

Someone asked how many people is too many on this list.  Well we're
growing at a scary rate (someone told me we have beaten the George
Michael list for members which frightens me for several reasons :)
and sometime I may have to do something like put all new subscribers
only on the digest.  In the meantime I appeal to you all to save
bandwidth this end by sending out stuff that is genuinely
interesting, personal or funny.

Oh and finally everyone who doesn't use their porn name this week
will be banned - remember - pet's name + mothers maiden name.

--
Shirley Watton aka Honey, who is feeling remarkably sprightly at
34, as the list age average soars xxxx