Sinister: 1000 questions

lee.whitehead ha5lwh at xxx.uk
Thu Mar 5 15:41:12 GMT 1998

Well i`ve been on this list a few months now and i have finally plucked
up the courage to write. I`ve started to feel like Mr Burns silently
watching the workers at the nuclear power plant over cctv, but no longer.
I figure whats the worst that could happen to me if i introduce my self,
it`s not as though you`ll come round and give me a kickin is it... errr
is it?
First of all heres my story. I was introduced to the delights of belle
and sebastian by Mark and Lard when the were on at night, or maybe not. I
definitely remember hearing a record played by Jo Wiley on a sunny
Saturday afternoon whilst i was reading a book in the garden the
first few lines of the song were something about a wedding day and
and telling your brother your gay. On hearing this song i remember
thinking to myself 'what a fine song that was' and
'has`nt that bloke got a weird voice'. A few months later i brought
the album on the strength of that one song i had heard. On the train on
the way home i read the sleeve notes and inspected the lyrics to look for
the name of the mystery song only to find it was`nt there. I thought i`d
wasted my money on another shit album like the time i bought a Cocteu
twins album, but as you may have guessed by now it turned out to be a
sound investment (no pun intended), and thats my story. I still don`t
know what that mystery song was, i expect it was on the Dog on Wheels EP,
so if anybody has bothered to read this far could you enlighten me
please. Well after all these months of watching and reading these pages i
thought i`d have 1000 question, but i only have one, if i think of
anymore i`ll let you know, probably in a few months!
In a few seconds i`m going to press send, i`ve got a felling i may have
the address wrong, oh what the hell here it goes..........