Sinister: Telstar/Sarcasm

PJMiller pjmiller at xxx.es
Thu Mar 5 09:59:24 GMT 1998

-----Original Message-----
De: David Moore <Daf_Moore at compuserve.com>
Para: Sinister <sinister at majordomo.net>
Fecha: jueves 5 de marzo de 1998 2:27
Asunto: Sinister: Telstar

My copy of Telstar (b/w "Jungle Fever"!) came out in 1962, which would have
made me 6 years old at the time.

Do I win a prize?

Having that record is enough of a prize, I think. Two corking tunes. Other
favourites include "Robot" and "Life on Venus", not to mention "Exodus"
recorded live on Blackpool South Pier.

As well as all the usual influences mentioned, like Nick Drake,
Love, Donovan, Dylan, etc. I can also hear The Incredible String Band, and
believe it or not, Yes.

Keith taped me a bit of Yes, and it is indeed very similar to that B&S song
(title escapes me). The rifftastic one.

It's easy to be sarcastic in e-mail. Just use Northy's snake symbol (patent
pending) and Hey Presto! your sarcastic intent is clear for all to see.
Example:

Thanks to all the people who pointed out those faults in the film
"Titanic".~

Peace List!~

BC