Sinister: The State that I am In.

Adrian Evans aevans at xxx.uk
Fri Mar 6 09:46:36 GMT 1998

Clem wrote In true Public Service style :

>In a message dated 98-03-05 11:04:20 EST, Lee writes:

<< I still don`t  know what that mystery song was, i expect it was on the Dog on Wheels EP,  so if anybody has bothered to read this far could you enlighten me please. Well after all these months of watching and reading thes >>

>Lee, the song was "The State I Am In". IMHO, an inferior version does exist >on the Dog on Wheels ep. The version you want to have is on TigerMilk, and if >you can't get someone in your country to tape it for you, e-mail me off-list and
>you'll get one from Los Angeles.

True, it is by far the inferior version, but such is the enormity of this song, it still sends the shivers down my spine.
Now I apologise to our non-uk friends as they may not be familiar with this, but when I was at primary school we used to sing a couple of songs in assembly that would make me cry.
One of them was "Leaving on a jet-plane" (Don't laugh you bastards!!), don't ask me who wrote this 'cos I'm hopeless at anything pre '77.
The other was a song which I can't remember the name of, but went.....
"How can you tell me, you're lonely, and say to me that the sun don't shine.  Let me take you by the hand and lead you through the streets of London, I'll show you something, that'll make you change your mind". Absolutely no ideas who wrote it.
Now beat the living shit out of me if I'm way off the mark, but TSIAI totally reminds me of this song and brings back the memories of the only days I can honestly say I was happy and didn't have a care in the world.

Lucy Croxford.

Pity would be no more
If we did not make somebody poor
And mercy no more could be