Sinister: Fwd: Re: Bible Studies (NB&SC)

Nick Dastoor nickdastoor at xxx.com
Fri Mar 6 10:50:49 GMT 1998

> Nick also wrote:
> "I enjoyed your horse tale, Martin.  But God doesn't smile upon
those after a quick buck."
Martin wrote:

> It's back to Bible studies for some.  What about the parable of the
> "talents"?

Hmm..  The parable of the talents is quite gnomic really. Is it a
counterbalance to the 'eye of the needle' comment, or should we not
identify God with the tyrannical lord whose story he tells and instead
see the parable as a description of the injustice of this world (as
opposed to the next)?  Whichever, I don't think Jesus would have
looked so kindly upon Zacchaeus if he'd hidden in his tree and shouted
out requests for tips in the 4.20 at Cheltenham.

I promise not to talk scripture anymore.  I just thought that as
off-topic tangents go it was more interesting than indie minutiae.

Nick