Sinister: Sheep and Sebastian

Keith Watson keith at xxx.uk
Fri Mar 6 12:37:31 GMT 1998

>I was the one who started the Gaelic/Scottish language thing to do
>with the B&S setlist language blunder.
>I originally come from Banffshire (that's in Scotland for you non
>UK-ers) where we speak DORIC (a very strong dialect), which, in
>written form, is pretty near to 'Old Scottish' (with some very
>local words). As far as I know there is a society dedicated to
>the less used Lowland variety (for you non-Scottish types that's
>the populated bit from Glasgow to Edinburgh)

Doric, is a language is it? I didn't know that, I thought it was just a daft
accent spoken by Aberdonians, indeed it is unintelligable, but I didn't know
that it was anything to do with the words spoken... Still in the back of
beyond lands of deep fried mars bars, I suppose anything's possible.

Cheers,
    Keith.