Sinister: Mudskipper

Mark mark at xxx.uk
Fri Mar 6 23:25:52 GMT 1998

I've not been reading the list for about a month now as I've been dead busy
so I'm not really up to speed on the current topics but I would like to use
this space to introduce a new band that most of you are going to adore.

They're called Mudskipper and are based in Wolverhampton UK. Chris Brown,
the bass player is the proud owner of a vinyl Tigermilk, oblivious to it's
worth, but of the impression that they're the only modern band doing what
Mudskipper do. So that'll be gentle, fragile, acoustic pop with a delicate
voice. Our local music paper called them 'Wolverhampton's quietest band'.

They've just released a CD called 'Eggshells' on their own label but it's
got a limited run of less than one hundred copies! Is this the next
Tigermilk????
If you want to hear it, Chris has agreed to let me offer a few to the list.
To get your hands on one, send a cheque or IRC (payable The Varsity) for
£11.00 (£12.00 outside the UK) to:

The Varsity (Mudskipper Offer)
Stafford St
Wolverhampton
WV1 1LZ
UK

The price includes postage and if there's a good response and we run out,
we'll mail the money back.

We've also got them playing at the venue (The Varsity - that is) on March
25 as part of a tribute night to John Todd, a local music photographer who
died earlier this year.

I know this looks like a blatant plug but it's not - it's just me helping
out a band who make fantastic music. I wanted to set up a little web site
for them but I don't know how to get sounds off the CD and into WAV format.
I'm reluctant to offer tape copies as the only way for the band to make
money is to sell these. And I'm not making a penny out of it. Mudskipper
are charging me £10.00 for each one and I reckon the stamp and jiffy bag
will cost a quid to do and I'll no doubt lose out if someone from abroad
buys one!

If you want to know more, e-mail me privately and I'll give you their phone
number. You can also get CDs off them direct if you think I'm up to
something(!)(someone out there will be wary of this...!).

Cheers

Mark