Sinister: I'm new and hope not to annoy

sgawdin at xxx.ca sgawdin at xxx.ca
Mon Mar 9 01:26:55 GMT 1998

Hello,
My name is Shawn and I am a huge Morrissey from Vancouver, B.C., Canada
and have recently gotten into B&S after having them recommended to me by
friends on Panic the Morrissey list.  Hello to the people I talked
briefly to on #sinister (I was MozBoy).  Too be honest, when I first
heard the Sinister album I all I could think was YIKES! sounds like
someone is ripping off Donovan.  But I recently got ahold of the Lazy
Line Painter Jane CD as well as a 7" of 3..6..9 Seconds Of Light and was
blown away by Jane as well as A Century Of Fakers.  Fakers reminds me of
why I love Morrissey, and the vocals by Monica Queen on Jane are
INCREDIBLE!  She reminds me of a young Dolly Parton or of Skeeter
Davis.  Has she done anything else? Solo or with B&S?
A couple questions that I hope don't annoy the long timers on this list
(I know how new ppl can be a pain so I apologise in advance)

What's with the cryptic liner notes that tell you nothing about the
band?  (That kind of thing was cool when when I was a teeny bopper into
Depeche Mode, but now I just find it annoying.)

Is Jeepster their own label?  (I have a feeling I should check the faq)

WTF don't they reissue their first album?  Can't they afford it?  Or is
it some snobby reason?

Has any of their stuff charted in the UK?  (I try to avoid the eNMEy)

I looked briefly at the last digest on the Sinister site, and noticed
what seems to be a discussion about the lead guys sexuality based upon a
couple songs, my question is: Does the lyric "My brother confessed that
he was gay/ It took the heat off me for a while" imply that the speaker
is gay?  What is he trying to avoid people finding out about him? (BTW
boys I'm single ;) )  Also, what's with the stuff about "...I was moved
to kick the crutches/ from my crippled friend"?  An act of violence? Or
an act of charity considering that he next seems to suggest that he
somehow healed this friend?  (OK I just confused myself)

That's all for now, I don't want the welcome mat rolled up yet.

Shawn