Sinister: picnics scots and channel five

David S Mccarthy 9607260m at xxx.uk
Mon Mar 9 17:41:12 GMT 1998

I don't think it was pedantic suggesting Glasgowfor a picnic,
Edinburgh is a great place for a picnic, but if its preferable to
have one for the two cities surely Glasgows the more obvious choice
if it's to be a B&S picnic? But either way way its not important a
picnic anywhere would be a good idea.

On the subject of scottish language, in my experience of being
scottish most scots don't speak the Queens english but somthing in
between that and Scots, that Burns and many other poets wrote and
still write in and which is also to be found in a section of the
english higher papers since 1995, its not just an accent, there are
lots of different words. But right enough the lyrics to belle and
sebastian are written in english.

Also did anyone else hear lazy line painter jane being used as
background music to a section on channel 5s daytime thing at the
weekends, the mag about the RSBP at Lochwinnoch. It was a bright spot
in an otherwise boring day.

Is anyone else starting to like channel 5 as well?