Sinister: another B&S/honeydream + boxing queen

ooon ooon at xxx.th
Tue Mar 10 17:23:24 GMT 1998

well, i really don't think many people would want
to know about this.  but i hope speaking out
would help it go off my head a bit.

it was very early this year and goes something like this...

i was watching tv. in some chat show. Honey was a guest. (this Honey
is in reality a famous model(nude sometimes i think)/singer/actress
in thailand)  the host asked her why she disappeared lately.
(in reality she got married and have 5 kids or something)
she said she was busy running a belle & sebastian mailing list.
the host said 'ahhh what a fabulous band'. much exciting noise
from studio audience.
Honey reached into her handbag and brought out her vinyl copy
of Tigermilk, revealing that actually the girl on the cover
was her (laughing viciously) then jumped up and sang her
tiger song.
('Tiger/Tigress' was her first hit single 7-8 years ago.
she's no good singer but interesting to look at in those
tiger outfit)

at this point i was waken up, to my immense relieve that it was
just a dream.  i can't really tell in english how rather sordid
it all was.  it haunts me until this day.  everytime i read
Paul's message, Honey's face will pop up in my head saying those
words. makes me feel funny in both sense of the word.

i know how stupid this is and i sincerely hope Paul won't get
offended! i swear i've been trying to replace her face with your
baby photo but it's not fully successful yet. SIGH...

ok, now that i'm posting something i might as well tell you
another story.  i remember Stuart M was a boxer?   this
sounds very much a B&S story to me anyway.

a headline news over here recently was about a boy who loves
boxing and quite good at it.  17 knockouts out of 20 matches,
if i remember correctly.  he happens to be gay.

what makes the news is that he is a very girly gay person,
ie. wearing full on makeup/perfume every fight, spending
2 hours in the shower, giving interview hugging his favourite
fluffy toy, etc.
never saw him fight myself but i was told that
once in the ring he turns out to be quite beasty,
very good with his feet and knees.

i cannot imagine the abuse he must have been through doing
what he does.  at least he's got support from his mother.
nice to see people doing things their own way and happen
to achieve something out of it!

i'll shut up now.

muchlove,
oon