Sinister: Big Star

PJMiller pjmiller at xxx.es
Tue Mar 10 20:05:52 GMT 1998

-----Original Message-----
De: Keith Watson <keith at qss.co.uk>
Para: Mark Hester <M.Hester at ELSEVIER.CO.UK>; sinister at majordomo.net
<sinister at majordomo.net>
Fecha: martes 10 de marzo de 1998 18:29
Asunto: Sinister: Big Star

>I don't think there's any great problems getting a hold of I am the Cosmos,
>I'm not too sure, maybe Mr.Mitchell, Mr Hopkins and Ms.Kerr can perhaps
>confirm a sighting of this when we were around the shops on Saturday... it
>rings a bell for me anyway.

You can definitely get it direct from Rykodisc ( or earhole or whatever it's
called). It's even on mid price now, along with the other Big Star albums.
The Chris Bell album is well worth owning for the sleevenotes alone.
Undoubtedly the best sleevenotes I have ever had the pleasure of reading.
Even people who don't like Chris Bell/Big Star are moved to tears. I know
because I force it on people just to watch their reactions. Really, even if
you don't want the record, I strongly recommend standing in a record shop
and reading it. Unless it's one of those shops where they come and tell you
off. It has also got at least two ten out of ten songs on it and at least
one, possibly two, nine out of ten songs. Which is nice. If I had to be an
album I wouldn't mind being that album.

Tremendous Domingas