Sinister: Sinister Dreams

Nicole Elger nicolina at xxx.com
Wed Mar 11 19:46:39 GMT 1998

OK, I've got more proof that this list is infiltrating my dreams. I didn't
have another B&S dream, but did have one about stripping which must have
been inspired by all the porn star posts.

I'm a bit worried that soon my dreams will contain instructions like:  "It
is time to meet the other Sinisterians at the spaceship and return to our
home planet. Please do not attempt to exit the spaceship while it is in
motion or you will rock the ship and make everyone ill. Instead, contact
Captain Honey privately for details on how to parachute back to Earth."

So I was a stripper in the dream, except I wasn't _really_ a stripper, I
was only doing it for a few hours so I could do some kind of investigation
at the club. I remember that my intentions were good, but I don't remember
what exactly they were. The music wasn't great, but I remember thinking I
was pulling it off quite well (ha, no pun intended) and no one was
suspecting a thing. But then I looked at some of the faces and started
thinking, "Oh God, what if I see someone from work!?"

Suddenly I was out of the strip club and playing in a band with my best
friend from high school and a bunch of other people. Her cute younger
brother was the singer and I had some ridiculous role like cymbal or
tambourine player. (No offense to anyone dedicated to those instruments!)
We played one song and were astonishingly good. Right then, when we were
on the verge of stardom and having a mailing list dedicted to us ... my
15-pound cat jumped on my stomach, like he always does when things are
getting good in my dreams. Grrrr.

So, lots of May Orgy planning going on, oh sorry, I meant May Picnic
planning. Keith wanted it to be more of an Event, so why not get Genevieve
over so she and Tag can tie the knot publicly? Afterwards you can all get
drunk and eat too much of every different kind of cake. ;-)

As for the list life cycle stuff, the next step should be rebirth.
HoneyPaul must nearly be ready to pop those enlightened list babies by
now.

- Scuffy Lee Smith, stripper/porn name

PS. Whoever wanted info on the great singer-songwriter Elliott Smith:
http://www.cs.trinity.edu/~nfrankli/es/
http://www.teleport.com/~voice/main.html

. . . . . nicolina at drizzle.com . . . . .

And once Frederick seemed half asleep. "Are you dreaming, Frederick?" they
asked reproachfully. But Frederick said, "Oh no, I am gathering words. For
the winter days are long and many, and we'll run out of things to say."
-- Leo Lionni, _Frederick_