Sinister: Cynicism

David & Katrina bluesoda at xxx.uk
Thu Mar 12 11:52:24 GMT 1998

Keith Watson wrote:

> >this mail has so much cynicism that i swear you must find it hard to
> >live, but worry not, we strive to offer a service, us, the few that
> >stitch together the sites and the chat and stuff, and the full log of
> >the chat will be available in two places for you to peruse at your
> >discretion.
> >the first place will be the sinister list site as paul has done a lot of
> >work for this, the second is the fanclub site as so have i.
>
> How's this for a bit of cynicism, the girl next to me at work has just
> pointed out that (she comes from the USA) - whilst talking about that most
> British of things, the weather, she says that in New York the weather
> actually tries to kill you cause it's so extreme, and she figures that in
> Britain, the effect is far more subtle than that, in that the weather here
> just tries to make you kill yourself.
>
> Cheers,
>     Keith.

i think she's got a point, i hear that in New York the wind hits the
sky-scrapers, and through lack of anywhere better to go, hurtles
earthward. the result is storm force winds when trying to enter
buidlings. and if this is coupled with heavy rain, it's supposed to be
comprable to being drenched whilst attacked with a sand blasting type
machine. so why they carry on building these buildings is incredible.
which also brings up an old question, why are buildings called buildings
once they've been built? it's pretty obvious that there is no more
'building' going on up there. shouldn't we be proudly calling them
'built'?

but i like rain, and wind, and sometimes i can even convince myself that
i like the sun. but mostly i just like listening to great records while
it rains, especially if i've nowhere to go and nothing to do.

david

i hear the countdown thing works and has helped already, i'm glad most
of you like it, it's a cheap trick, but it helps at times like this.

--
                 Belle and Sebastian Fan Club
     merchandise, mail-outs, chat, lyrics, poetry, fiction
               mailto:bluesoda at totalweb.co.uk